Is it true that there is a new, revolutionary technology that significantly improves the absorption and effectiveness of supplements?
YES! - This real, thanks to liposomes - Functional nanospheres made of phospholipids.
Extensive research in medicine and nutritional science* has recently demonstrated up to a 30 fold increase in bioavailability (1,2) of vitamins, minerals and plant substances when encapsulated in liposomes.
The term bioavailability is referring to the active amount of a nutrient entering the bloodstream. Both in their water-based interior and within their fat-based double membrane, they can transport substances regardless of their charge, size or structure.
Benefits compared to conventional dietary supplements:
• Protection: The encapsulation protects active ingredients while in the digestive system.
• Masking: The phospholipids mask the active substances, allowing them to be absorbed in higher doses and escape the very strong selective force of the small intestine.
• Absorption: Liposomes are preferentially absorbed in the intestinal wall as they consist of the same building blocks as our cell membranes. The uptake of these phospholipids is a priority for our body and therefore, they easily reach their destination.
Through this optimised absorption, bioavailability can be significantly increased and health results reach their optimum. Side effects of some high-dose vitamins and minerals can be avoided by this Trojan horse of supplements.
So how do liposomes work?
Liposomes are lipid vesicles whose outer layers consist of double membranes, as can be found in all biological membranes of the body.
In their interior, they can transport different substances regardless of their charge, size or structure, while being protected from the body's own enzymes in the digestive tract, and to some extent even from gastric acid.
Phospholipids that are able to perform these tasks, are used for the production of liposomes and are of plant origin, e.g. from sunflowers. Liposomes fuse with cell membranes because of their structural similarity. As membranes consist of phospholipids, which are building blocks of all life, their uptake is a priority, so they easily reach their destination.
So, basically, liposomal supplements are highly bioavailable, efficient functional foods that are simple and taken orally they are very well suited for everyday use.
The potential of natural agents can now get to work, as they finally reach our bloodstream and cells!
New supplements such as So-Bright is formulated using Liposomal technology to provide a brighter more even skin tone quickly and effectively.
- highly bioavailable
- efficient functional foods
- simply orally ingestible
- well suited for everyday use
- natural nanotechnology
* N. K. Gupta, V. K. Dixit: Bioavailability enhancement of curcumin by complexation with phosphatidyl choline. In: J Pharm Sci. 100(5), Mai 2011, S. 1987–1995. PMID 21374628
 Cuomo u. a.: Comparative absorption of a standardized curcuminoid mixture and its lecithin formulation. In: J Nat Prod. 74(4), 25. Apr 2011, S. 664–669. PMID 21413691